BYT Group (HK) Limited c/o Edinburgh Tower, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong ("we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers and those viewing or using our Website.
We will collect, use and disclose personal data about you in connection with your use of our website www.bytlife.com ("Website"), and this privacy notice ("notice") explains how and why we do so. For the purposes of this notice we are the "data user" (also known as "data controller" in other countries) .
This notice, together with our Cookies Policy is incorporated into, and subject to, the Terms and Conditions. Please read this notice carefully so you are aware of our practices regarding your personal data.
- What personal data do we collect and process about you?
Our main aim is to allow you to purchase the products, and provide you with information about our business, our products, our programmes and initiatives (including those in which we are pursuing with likeminded third parties) and our values. When browsing our Website, purchasing products, contacting or corresponding with use, or signing up to our newsletter, we collect and process personal data about you.
Personal data means any data relating directly or indirectly to a living individual, from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained, and in a form in which access to or processing of the date is practicable. When purchasing products from us we will collect information about your identity, including your name, address, gender, date of birth, personal contact details (including email address and telephone number), and financial or credit card information in order to manage and fulfil your order.
Any information we collect may be combined with other information we collect from you. In order to purchase products from our Website, you must provide us with the information marked with an asterisk at the checkout process, otherwise we will not be able to fulfil your order.
If you contact us or make an enquiry through the website, we will collect your name, and the personal contract details you gave us (such as your email address and/or telephone number). If you do not provide this information we will not be able to respond to your enquiry.
- How will your personal data be used?
We will use your personal data for with the following purposes:
- to process your order and payment and deliver the products to you;
- to provide you with access to the content on our Website;
- to communicate with you, and respond to your enquiries;
- to provide (with your consent) you with information on our products and services that may be of interest to you, such as new products, partners or business ventures (and the services they provide);
- to notify you about changes to our products and our Website;
- to monitor your use of our Website and sales of products, and conduct analysis of the use of our Website in order to operate, evaluate and improve our Website and our services/ product offerings, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems;
- to display customised content and advertising to you on our Website which may be of interest to you;
- to review the service we provide to you, and carry out analytics and report on our engagement with you; and
- if we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any law, regulation or court order and/or to protect our interests and legal rights.
From time to time, we may send you information either via email hat we think may be of interest to you (including in relation to our products and services, and the products and services of our selected partners, subsidiaries and affiliates), but we will only do this with your consent. We may also (for gain) contact you to introduce our new partners, or business ventures, and to keep you updated on charitable causes and other initiatives, which are in line with our commitment to sustainability and living an eco-friendly lifestyle, but again we can only do this with your consent.
If, you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us in any form, you can choose not to sign up to our newsletter or other direct marketing. If you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting a link provided at the bottom of every e-mail that is sent to you by us. Alternatively you may contact us, and we will deal with your request promptly.
- Who will have access to your personal data?
We will share your personal data with:
- our partners (who are organisations which we collaborate with in order to provide the products and services available or referred to on our Website these may include charities; mentors; sponsors with brands and/or designers); who require the information in order to help us provide the products and services to you;
- our affiliates: for the purpose of managing and administering our business and to provide you with products and services, available or referred to on our Website including information which might be of interest to you;
- entities who may or do acquire any rights in us: for the purpose of a business sale or re-organisation;
- our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts: for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- third party service providers: who need to know the information in order to provide us with services so that we might provide our products and services, and Website to you. This may include our third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, data storage, provide information technology and marketing services, customer services, payment services, delivery services, and for data analytics;
- law enforcement, courts and Government and regulatory bodies: in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or court order; and
- otherwise as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- Where will we use and store your personal data?
The data we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, locations in Hong Kong. It will also be processed by our personnel and the employees of our partners, affiliates and third party service providers, who operate outside of Hong Kong.
Your personal data will only be transferred to locations outside of Hong Kong where we are satisfied that adequate or comparable levels of protection are in place to protect personal data held in that country, and (where we are required to do so) with your consent.
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
We have reasonable technical and organisational security measures in place and invest appropriate resources to protect your personal data from deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying and modification.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our systems, and those of our affiliates, partners, and third party service providers, are appropriately secure for processing your personal data, and that the risks of your personal data being unlawfully used, amended, deleted, lost or stolen are minimised.
We ensure that we have in place appropriate contractual agreements with third parties to ensure adequate safeguards are in place, and that such third parties will act at all times in compliance with applicable personal data protection laws.
We cannot guarantee that our Website will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
- For how long will we keep your personal data?
We take steps to periodically review the information we collect, and we will destroy or anonymise any personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this notice). Specifically, we will keep your personal data for reasonable period as permitted by applicable law.
- Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Therefore, every time you use our Website or wish to order any products, please read and check this Privacy Notice so you are aware of the conditions that apply at that time.
To the extent such changes have a material effect on your rights or obligations as regards our handling of your personal data, such changes will only apply to personal data collected after the changes are applied.
- Your rights, further information and to contact us
You have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you, and to correct any errors or omissions in such personal data, or (in some circumstances) to have your personal data erased.
You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time. However, you will not be able to purchase products from our Website if you entirely withdraw your consent to the terms of this notice.
From 25 May 2018, you also have the following additional rights:
- To the extent your personal data is processed by automated means, you have the right to receive when requested all such personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and also to require use to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data (until we take sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy);
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds pending verification as to whether we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
Where your personal data is subjected to restriction in this way we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or you would like us to update the personal data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact us.
If you not wish to accept cookies in respect of your use of this Website, you should stop using the Website, or turn off your cookies (see paragraph 4), but this may affect the functionality of the Website.
1. WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
This Cookies Policy sets out:
- what a cookie is (paragraph 2);
- an overview of the cookies we use (paragraph 3);
- what you can do if you do not agree to the cookie use (paragraph 4);
- further information about cookies in general (paragraph 5).
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
After you enter the Website, the Website will make use of "cookies". Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your internet enabled devices e.g. your computer, smartphone or tablet - like a memory for a web page. This Cookies Policy provides you with information about the cookies we use and why. Our Privacy Notice sets out full details of the other information we may collect and how we may use your personal information. If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this Website, you should stop using it or turn off your cookies (see paragraph 4 below for how to do this) but this may affect the functionality of the Website.
3. COOKIES USED ON THE WEBSITE
We use several different types of cookies. In particular, we use the following first party cookies: necessary cookies which allow certain fundamental features of the Website to work; functionality cookies, which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference), performance cookies, which monitor usage of the Website and advertising cookies which record the fact that you have visited the Website and then which links you have accessed whilst you use the Website.
Some of these are session cookies, which are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a browser session. These are deleted at the end of your browsing session. Others are persistent cookies, which remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. These cookies help us identify you as a unique user (by storing a randomly generated number).
The Website uses first party cookies for the following purposes:
- necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Website. These cookies make sure your basket is saved during all steps of the checkout process. This helps to support website security and basic functionality. These cookies are necessary for the proper operation of our Website, so if you block these cookies we can't guarantee your use or the security of our Website during your visit.
- functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are used to provide you the best user experience. These cookies are for instances used to save and remind you about what products who have put in your basket, so will save you time if you want to purchase these products at a later stage. These cookies could also recognise if a Website user has already signed up for our newsletter/requested information about a product or if the user is seeing a certain page for the first time.
- performance cookies
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of our visitors and the usage of the Website. This allows us to continuously improve the Website to provide you the best user experience. These cookies are also used to help us understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of visitor habits and visitor volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on our website.
We use Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc, which uses "performance cookies" and "targeting cookies" to analyse how you use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, this website uses Google Analytics with the expansion '_anonymizeIp()' which means that Google will truncate/anonymise the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union.
- advertising cookies
Advertising cookies will remember your preferences and, in general, that you visited the Website. We strive to provide you with advertisements for conferences relevant to you and your interests on other online platforms, where available. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
4. CONTROL YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS
We shall store a cookie on your computer or device to remember this for next time. If you wish to withdraw your agreement at any time, you will need to delete our cookies using your Internet browser settings. You should do this through the browser settings for each browser you use. Please be aware that some of our services will not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your Internet browser. The following links may assist you in managing your cookies settings, or you can use the 'Help' option in your Internet browser for more details.
- Internet Explorer:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- GoogleChrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (flash cookies):https://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
5. OTHER INFORMATION
The following link contains further information about cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org. In addition, a guide to online privacy has been produced by the Internet advertising industry, which can be found at: